In 2001, the Metro-ILA Welfare Fund was merged into the existing Metro-ILA Fringe Benefit Fund to form one fund. Therefore, the Fringe Benefit Fund encompasses an extensive array of benefits ranging from traditional fringe benefits, such as: Vacation and Holiday pay and Jury Duty and Bereavement Benefits, as well as, a comprehensive list of Welfare benefits which includes: Medical and Pharmacy coverage, Dental, Optical, Employee Assistance Program, Temporary Disability, Life Insurance.
Eligibility for any of the various plans is found in either the Fringe Benefit Fund Summary Plan Description (“SPD”) and/or in any of the MMMCA-ILA Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Metro-ILA Welfare Program List of Providers—for eligible Active participants and eligible dependents. For more information, click on any of the following links:
- Cigna Healthcare: Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental Benefits
- Vision Screening: Optical Benefit
- Counseling Services: all requests, in-take assessments, and arrangements for Employee Assistance matters (i.e., Counseling Services and/or Substance Abuse issues) are coordinated by Mr. George Lynch, Program Director. Approved treatment claims are processed through Cigna Healthcare (In-Network only).
- The Hartford: Temporary Disability Benefits
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company: Life Insurance
Metro-ILA Fringe Benefits (Click on any of the following links for more information):